blogresume @ dennisgorelik.com
You describe your business problem – I deliver technical solution
Team Lead / Architect / Senior Software Developer for the position that requires deep technical knowledge as well as good understanding of underlying business processes.
Please ask me:
- How to deploy program changes without interruptions in web site work (which is 24/7 service).
- How to improve web site usability.
- How to use A/B testing in Google WebSite Optimizer.
- How to track web site performance and usage (Google Analytics, IIS Logs, custom logs, …).
- How to use Google AdSense and Google AdWords.
- How to integrate your solution with Google Checkout (payment system).
- How to add maps to your web site using Google Maps API.
- How ASP.NET Membership provider helps to keep users passwords reliably encrypted.
- Practical way to setup data exchange with other web sites using XML web services.
- How to quickly implement Full-Text search using SQL Server 2008.
- How to make Web Application and background Windows Service to communicate with each other using WCF.
- What physical tiers and logical layers I recommend to use for your application and why.
Team Lead / Architect / Senior ASP.NET Developer. Over 10 years of experience in analysis, design and software development.
Full system life cycle experience: design, coding, testing, bug fixing, deployment, documentation and maintenance.
Preferences in Agile/RAD methodologies.
Technologies: ASP.NET 4.0, ADO.NET, WCF (Windows Communication Foundation), XML Web Services, Unit test, WPF …
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 …
Development Tools: Google Search, Visual Studio.NET 2005 Team Edition, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Nant, Toad VI, MS Visio, Google Docs, MS Office, Google Maps API.
Reporting Tools: Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports.
Version and Source Control: TFS, Visual Source Safe, Subversion, VisualSVN, ...
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, MS Windows XP/2000/NT, Windows 95/98/Me, Windows 3.xx, MS DOS.
May 2008 - Present. Team Lead, www.postjobfree.com, Jacksonville, FL
Tools and technologies: VS.NET 2010 (ASP.NET, WCF, AJAX, JQuery, Unit Tests, Web Tests, MembershipProvider …), C# 4.0, SQL Server 2008, VisualSVN, NDepend, Reflector, Google Analytics, AdWords, AdSense.
- Architected and implemented www.postjobfree.com.
- Integrated PostJobFree with external systems: job search aggregators, Google and search engines, Twitter, … (XML Services, API calls).
- Designed and lead implementation of search alerts, including immediate match delivery.
- Analyzed users’ feedback and prioritized development features.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
- Implemented RESTful architecture: Made all content available through direct HTTP GET requests (direct URLs to every bit of information without need to clicking buttons (HTTP POST)).
- Exposed PostJobFree web content through Site Maps to Google and Yahoo search engines.
- Designed & implemented strategy to fight spam and duplicates.
- Designed database structure to accommodate business requirements.
September 2010 - December 2010. Senior ASP.NET developer, Lender Processing Services, Jacksonville, FL
http://www.lpsvcs.com - Tax Desktop application -- tax oriented component of Loan Processing System.
Extended business functionality (Loan details, Tax Lines).
Refactored spaghetti code into object oriented muti-tier/multi-layer solution with:
- DAO (Data Access Object -- client consuming WCF service)
- WCF service (Windows Communication Foundation)
- BLL (Business Logic Layer)
- DAL (Data Access Layer) that faces LINQ-to-SQL designer.
Eliminated the need of updating web references and minimized WCF client footprint in web.config, which improved code maintainability.
Identified SQL Connection leak and implemented solution that fixes it.
- September 2005 – May 2008. Senior ASP.NET & database developer, National Flood Services, Kalispell, MT
http://www.nfsmt.com/ - the company works in flood insurance business.
Conversion from Legacy system (AS-400/DB2/VB6/ASP/ASP.NET/MS SQL2000) to new ASP.NET 2005 / MS SQL 2005 application.
- Data Warehouse: Architected and developed system that imports data from legacy database (DB2) in form of flat files. Incoming data is parsed, scrubbed for errors, and loaded into final database in denormalized form for fast reports performance.
Data Correction Application: Designed and developed application that allows to review and fix incorrect data that was imported into Data Warehouse (Winforms, C#, Web Services, SQL Server 2005).
DB2, SQuirreL SQL 2.1).
- Developed custom Membership and Role providers to access legacy database (ASP.NET 2.0, Provider Model, MS SQL 2000, DB2).
- Developed custom localization provider (C# 2.0, Reflector. Namespaces: System.Reflection, System.Resources, System.Web.Compilation, System.IO).
Developed User Management system + Web site administration (MS SQL 2005, ASP.NET 2.0 Login controls).
- Developed several Flood Service providers (C# 2.0, HttpWebRequest).
- Developed UI for testing various Flood Service providers (ASP.NET, C# 2.0, GridView, ObjectDataSource, Session, ViewState).
- Helped others to solve technical problems.
June 2005 – August 2005. Senior ASP.NET developer, IBM Global Services, Indianapolis, IN
This is fast paced project for Wells Fargo bank (http://www.wellsfargo.com/). The project was about making web portal for managing vendor evaluation scorecards.
- Analyzed business requirement.
- Defined technical details of the solution.
- Developed scorecard template functionality edit/view/report (ASP.NET, C#, MS SQL, Stored Procedures, RapTier, CSS, HTML).
- Implemented making and handling web-page snapshorts in “Web archive, single file (*.mht)” format:
- Developed functionality for saving web pages snapshots into database (used CDO functionality).
- Developed functionality for viewing saved snapshots.
Saved images into database and showed images from database on web pages.
Implemented Scorecard View with dynamical load of heterogeneous user controls into the web page.
Developed several appendices for Scorecard functionality:
- Designed database tables.
- Created stored Procedures / Views / User defined functions
- Created middle-tier DB classes (C#).
- Created AppendixControl_Base.cs as a base for “Appendix” user controls. This base class was used by me and other developers in the team.
- Created user controls (*.ascx / C#).
Tested, fixed, and modified application according to changes in user requirements.
December 2004 – June 2005. Senior ASP.NET developer, Cendant Mobility, Danbury, CT
Analyzed business requirements.
- Template finder.
- Multiple container pages.
- “Update” screens (document template update, package template update).
- Developed ASP.NET User controls, including:
- Template list ASP user control - with Middle tier call, page navigation (paging), and sorting all columns.
- Navigation ASP user control.
- Created unit tests (WinForms).
- Used the following techniques:
- Nested pages (iframe), including nesting iFrames.
- Popup pages (Template finder, Product selection)
- Style sheets (*.css)
- Wrote stored procedures.
- Set up Nant --- tool for automatic build generation (for daily build).
- Helped other developers to solve technical problems.
August 2004 – December 2004. Senior ASP.NET developer, MPS Group, Jacksonville, FL
“Knowledge Spring” web portal project development.
Developed portlets(ASP.NET user controls) for multi-tier web system.
- Directory Browser (recursive browsing through database items + Properties PopUp)
- MessageSet Editor & Message Editor (used repeater and Cute Editor control)
- Role Editor, UserSelectionControl, Actions Editor PopUp
- SubstitutionVariables editor (used RegEx expressions)
- FileReportViewer (including NTFS permissions check through Advapi32.dll and Kernel32.dll API)
- Developed Windows services (C#).
- Developed win forms test app.
- Site Directory View 3-layers tree (ComponentArt TreeView).
- Configurations loading (VB Script, PL/SQL script, *.lst files).
May 2004 – July 2004. .NET architect, Yellow Pepper, Boston, MA
Tools & Technologies: VS.NET, ASP.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET, WebForms, WinForms, MS SQL 2000, ADO.NET, XML Web Services, MS Visual Source Safe, Groove.
- Shazam web service wrapper.
- SMS Tracker – tracks information about SMS messages delivery.
- SMS Games – games based on sending/receiving SMS text messages to/from cell phone.
- Phone number look up – look up information about specified phone number (Carrier, Gate, IsWireless, City, State, Country, Switch).
August 2003 – April 2004. Senior .Net Software developer, Wurzburg, Memphis, TN
Tools & Technologies: ASP.NET, C#.NET, WebForms, WinForms, MS SQL 2000, ADO.NET, Microsoft Application Block, Remoting, Crystal Reports, XML Web Services, User controls, Server Controls, MS Visual Source Safe, MS Project, MS Visio.
Development of various functionalities for warehouse project.
Designed and developed security framework for the web application: User authentication and authorization, Cross-applications calls.
UPS address validation project
Designed and developed mail address validation program. The program interface is exposed through web-page interface (and .csv file) and through XML Web Service (http://www.wurzburg.com/UPS/UpsValidation.asmx).
Technologies: ASP.NET, IIS, C#, XML, XML Web Services.
The program prepares XML-request and send it to UPS.
The program is based on UPS EDI functionality exposed here:
Developed various business reports. Reports are provided in PDF-format, HTML-format, and can be printed directly to the specified printer. Reports functionality is exposed as to end users (through web-pages) as to other developers (in form of XML web services).
Technologies: IIS, ASP.NET, C#, Crystal Reports, ADO.NET, MS SQL Server 2000 (stored procedures, views, functions), XML Web Services, IE 6.
Designed catalogue module, including ASP.NET and MS SQL database design. Developed shopping card functionality.
Label printing project
Designed and developed program to print bar-code labels. Program is tightly integrated with the company’s database. For instance, user which prints a label is associated with it’s own label printer.
Technologies: IIS, ASP.NET, C#, Crystal Reports, ADO.NET, MS SQL Server 2000 (stored procedures, views, functions), IE 6.
Worked out fast and reliable deployment method. This method allows to deploy development changes to Production every day. Automated deployment SQL-script preparation.
In case of emergency deployment can be made even more often (in extreme cases up to 4 times per day).
Technologies: VS.NET, Database project, VSS, ASP.NET.
After initial prototyping and user evaluation I improved performance of "bottle-neck" applications. Modified SQL-queries, used MS SQL Query analyzer and SQL Profiler.
Was responsible for managing project documentation and for Visual Source Safe administration.
April 2003 – August 2003. Team leader. Global Consulting Group, Cincinnati, OH
Tools & Technologies: Visual Studio .NET, VB.NET, C#.NET, WebForms, WinForms, ADO.NET, MS SQL 2000, MS Visual Source Safe, MS Project, MS Visio.
Responsibilities: Lead team of 3 developers.
- Analyzed business requirements.
- Designed application architecture.
- Wrote technical specification.
Coached team members.
- Implemented logical and physical database design.
- Created SQL-queries (T-SQL).
- Developed web UI forms (ASP.NET, WebForms).
- Implemented data exchange (ADO.NET).
- Created business components (C#.NET).
- Created reports (Crystal Reports 9.0).
- Created XML Web services.
- Created XSL transformations.
May 2002 - April 2003. Application Developer, Scala
Tools & Technologies:
Visual Studio.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, WinForm, WebForms, Visual Basic 6.0, MS XML Parser, SOAP, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server, Oracle, VC++, VB Script, Syncr- VSS, Source of Site and Visual Source Safe for version control.
MS Project for time tracking.
Benjamin (http://benjamin.scala.se/) - for tracking bugs and features.
MS Office, Rational Rose diagrams – for documentation purposes.
Responsibilities: Migration of legacy VB6 application into new .NET application. Reports development, XML services development for ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. Retail sales, Warehousing, and Accounting modules development.
- Converted existing VB6 application into VB.NET application.
- Developed WinForms (VB.NET).
- Developed WebForms (ASP.NET).
- Implemented business logic (VB.NET).
- Created and modified SQL-queries.
- Developed several XML services for iScala (see: http://www.scala.net/scalasap/scalasap.asp):
- Created XSD, XDR schemas and XML samples. (Used XML Spy http://www.xmlspy.com/).
- Created XSLT transformations. Used Xselerator http://www.vbxml.com/xselerator/.
- Created business reports (Crystal Reports).
- Created and maintained tools for development process:
- Universal AutoTest program for testing iScala XML-services.
- Wrote documentation for AutoTest program.
- XML validator – allows quick checking is XML document valid or not.
- XML service registrator – copies all necessary components of specified XML service on tester’s computer and registers them under COM+ server.
- Created and modified type libraries (*.idl, *.tlb).
- Designed Work Flow diagrams for iScala.
October 2001 - April 2002: System analyst/Software developer, Egar Technology Corporation
Tools & Technologies: MS SQL 2000, VB 6.0, Data Environment, ADO, Far Point Spread 2.5 (data grid), Crystal Reports 8.0, VSS 6.0, Visual InterDev 6.0, ASP, Rational ClearQuest and MS Outlook.
Development of the Collateral module for financial system. Data Modeling. ER-diagrams (ERwin).
Full Application consists of more than 300 database tables, 200 views, 500 stored procedures, 1000 VB-forms and modules
- Developed Back End of the Collateral module (tables, constraints, views and stored procedures).
- Developed VB user interface (Designed client forms and wrote VB-code).
- Created various financial reports (Crystal Reports 8.0).
- Developed Web interface (ASP).
- Wrote SQL-script for database deployment on customer computer.
- Used Rational ClearQuest to track defects and change requests.
- Used Visual InterDev for DB-scripts (SP and view) handle and version tracking and control via VSS.
November 2000 – September 2001: Software developer, Granat International Inc., Cleveland, OH
Tools & Technologies:
VB 6.0, MTS, Visual Source Safe 6.0, InterDev, IIS, ADO, MS SQL 7.0 (MS SQL Query Analyzer, MS SQL Enterprise manager), Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0, Crystal Reports 8.0, VB-script (MS-Word 2000), Windows 2000.
Project: Loan Inventory Control System. Migration from Clipper to VB6.
Application consists of more than 200 forms and reports. It is 3-tier application.
The task was complete transferring the business logic from the existing file-server application (AS400, Clipper) to the Windows 3-tier architecture. Customer is the “Leader Mortgage” co., USA, OH (http://www.mortgagemag.com/guide/c008/c008630.htm).
- Investigated behavior of DOS-application and its source code (Clipper).
- Created DTS-package for conversion *.dbf into MS SQL database.
- Developed SQL-queries and business logic (COM+ components).
- Created reports (Crystal Reports 8) and forms for view and update database information.
- Developed VB-script (MS Word 2000), which helps to convert large fragments of clipper source code to VB code.
- Developed Web interface (ASP).
Transcript ID: 663106
Access Code: dennisgorelik
- 070-320 exam (Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C#.NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework).
- 080-316 exam (Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual C#.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio.NET).
- 080-315 exam (Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C#.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio.NET).
- 2004 Brainbench certification ASP.NET.
- 2004 Brainbench certification C#.NET.
- 2004 Brainbench certification VB.NET.
- 2000 Brainbench certification in MS SQL 7.0.
- 2000 Brainbench certification in VB 6.0.
- 2000 Brainbench certification in Active Server Pages (ASP).
- 2000 Brainbench certification in MS Visual Interdev 6.0.
1997 - 2000 MS degree in Economic and Management. South-Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russia.
1991 - 1997 MS degree in Automatic Control Systems. Chelyabinsk State Technical University, Chelyabinsk, Russia.
Excellent analytical, problem solving, technical, interpersonal and communication skills with a strong entrepreneurial drive.
Willing to relocate to: Tampa, FL; Saint Petersburg, FL; Orlando, FL; Jacksonville, FL; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; San Antonio, TX; Raleigh, NC; Memphis, TN; Chattanooga, TN; Nashville, TN, Phoenix, AZ; Kansas, KS; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Oakland, CA, Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; SC; AL; LA; CO; AR; MS; NM; OK and some other warm places.